The Bike Friday All-Packa is a more capable bikepacking bike in more travel situations than previously imagined possible! Yes, its easier to fly, bus, throw in the back of an adventure van, on top of a packraft, etc. than any other bikepacking rig available. It’s also a fully capable dirt road rambler, ready for an unpaved expedition to the farthest corners of the world. No, this isn’t the bike for shredding the most technical trails – instead we designed the All-Packa for the joys of riding our local logging roads and flowy singletrack.
The All-Packa is a custom bike that will fit you perfectly as we handbuild it to your size in Eugene, Oregon USA. We have used our 30 years experience of building customized travel bikes that fold and optimized this frame for the key needs of dirt and gravel bikepacking.
Announcing 2024 All-Packa Improvements!
All-Packa riders around the world have made their wishes known! They want more of what makes the All-Packa the best travel bikepacking bike in the world. They love the convenience and portability, and want even more clearance, more compatibility, and more capability.
Luckily we at Bike Friday never stop tinkering. We’ve been riding prototypes all this year and can’t wait to share the improvements we’ve found.
Designer Willie Hatfield testing the 2024 features riding the Oregon Outback this summer 2023 (2 min video)
- Fits most bikepacking bags on the market with three-packs (3 bottle braze-ons) on seat mast, fork legs, down tube, and four-pack on top tube
- Geometry optimized for off-road gear hauling with a longer front-center and lower center-of-gravity than other Bike Fridays
- The All-Packa is custom fit for riders from 4 ft 6 in to 6 ft 4 in, with better gear hauling options that any other bikepacking bike on the market. Lower step-over! Seatpack will never rub the rear tire!
- The frame folds in 30 seconds (32x24x12″) to fit into a bus, car trunk, packraft etc…
- Packs into an airline check-able suitcase – The only bikepacking bike that also flies!
- Rider weight up to 220lbs with no gear weight limits
- E-assist compatible and upgradable
All-Packa 2024 Improvements include:
- Frame Redesign for tire clearance up to 2.8″
- Fork gets wider and axle to crown increases
- Rear end moves to “S-Bend” stays from current wishbone seatstays
- Provides fender and mud clearance for all 2.4″ tires
- BF Boost – offsetting rear hub from centerline for greater tire clearance while using standard components
- Still uses standard 135 QR rear hubs
- 7mm offset for “Super Boost” 56mm chainline allowing 2.8″ tire clearance
- Creates tighter fold, allowing easier packing in suitcases
- Raising BB 6mm to allow clearance for long cranks and low tire pressures
- Lighter, shorter folding mast with 27.2mm ID to allow easy packing
- External dropper post routing
- Downtube braze-ons simplified to series of triple zip-tie braze-ons
- Improved component spec with 12 spd APEX AXS XPLR and 1×11 SRAM build options
- Packalope bars: refined shape with increased grip/clamp length, increased backsweep and upsweep.
The All-Packa differs from the Diamond Llama in several key ways:
- Wider tire clearance (2.8 in versus 2.2 in)
- Braze-ons: Hydraulic brake compatible, 3-packs on seatmast, top tube and both fork legs plus 4-pack on top tube
- Top tube is oval instead of round, maintaining stiffness, decreasing weight, and increasing space for frame bags
- Ride-quality optimized tubing spec for people 220lbs or less; Diamond Llama frame can take up to 330lb rider
Options for your All-Packa:
Bike Friday straight Alloy MTB Handlebars are also an option.
Electric Assist Option:
The e-assist option for the All-Packa is a front hub motor pedal assist style system. It comes with a 36V battery with ~60km (37mile) range. This hub motor system replaces the front hub in the front wheel.
More details on the hub motor:
- No motor resistance
- Very light! Adds only ~ 10 lbs to your bike
- Very Quiet!
- Disc brake compatible (except Avid’s)
Choose your frame color:
There are many more colors available if you order your bike as ‘Full Custom’ when working with a Bike Friday Expert. The ‘Color Viewer’ below shows our whole color palette, regular and full custom, together.
Note: Bags and cages shown in pictures are examples, Bike Friday does not carry these items. You can order direct from hundreds of bikepacking gear makers, or make your own, and use your creative style to customize your rig.
“What is Bikepacking and how is it different than Touring?”
Bikepacking is the synthesis of all-terrain cycling and self-supported backpacking. It evokes the freedom of multi-day backcountry hiking and travel off the beaten path, but with the range and thrill of riding a nimble bicycle. It’s about venturing further into places less traveled, both near and far, via singletrack trails, gravel, and forgotten dirt roads, carrying the essential gear, and not much more. (From Bikepacking 101)
“Bikepacking is what bicycles originally were… There were no cars. There was no asphalt. Bikepacking is as bicycling was intended to be.” -Joe Cruz (prominent bikepacker and Bike Friday owner)
How to order your bike on this page:
- Follow all the steps in the drop-down menus above then “Add to cart” and follow steps in your cart to purchase.
- A Bike Friday Expert will follow up with you to determine your sizing, pick-up /ship date (production takes 5-7 weeks on average) and confirm any other needed details about your order.
- Then you get your bike!
Additional Ways to Order with More Options:
We offer many more options than we can post here without overwhelming people. We can likely build what you are looking for. Just contact us and tell a friendly Bike Expert what you are looking for.
“This is a bike for going far and doing something ambitious and unusual. Or it’s for everyday dirt road meandering. Or it’s for virtually anything in between. If I had to create a short list of game-changing bikes in the last decades of bikepacking—a list that would include, say, the Surly Pugsley, the Salsa Fargo and Cutthroat, and the Cannondale Slate—I’d put the All-Packa on it. I’m not even remotely kidding.”
– Joe Cruz (bikepacking.com contributor and bikepacking guru)
“I could not stop yelling “THIS THING RIPS” as I was swooping back and forth on one of Missoula’s newest ridgeline trails.”
– Ally Mabry (Art Director of Adventure Cyclist)
“As I prepped the All-Packa with my latest bikepacking setup, I began to feel increasingly at ease with it. The bike felt rock-solid in every way, and packing it up for a trip was actually enjoyable. I love bikepacking, but I have to admit that I usually find getting my bike setup a bit of a chore. However, with the All-Packa, I was able to rethink my entire setup thanks to the numerous mounts and exposed areas on the frame. There seemed to be mounts on every available spot, including triple mounts on the seat tube, a quadruple mount (!!!!) on the top tube, triple mounts on the down tube, and on each fork blade.”
– Barry Lachapelle (Founder of Bike Gear Database)
Watch the video of: The First All-Packa’s being built
Note: We offer full bikes and frame kits, the travel case in the video is an optional upgrade.
Submit your review